Antimicrobial technology* equips cable surfaces with germ-killing effect
Using a unique, new technology* that reduces the risk of infection in medical environments and achieves a long-term hygiene benefit, enables us to offer you our antimicrobial cables**.
This new technology*, developed on the basis of acids, gives plastic surfaces a bacteria-killing property and can, when used in hospitals and doctors’ surgeries, contribute to raising the standard of hygiene and to minimizing the risk of infection.
In principle, any cable and system solution can be antimicrobial-treated regardless of the intended application.
*The Amistec company and its managing director, Prof. Dr. J. Peter Guggenbichler, owns the technology and is our exclusive partner in making these products.
**At the moment, our antimicrobial cables are only available for customers in Europe.
- a new, highly effective antimicrobial mechanism for plastic surfaces
- biocompatibility pursuant to DIN EN ISO 10993-5 and 10993-10
- no deactivation during use due to hand perspiration or proteins
- reduction of the bacterial load also of e.g. MRSA, VRE and ESBL
- no induction of resistances
- reduction in adherence, thereby less biofilm formation
- lasting reduction in bacterial load
- lowered risk of infection
- improved hygiene